SmartHome The basic book for your DIY SMARTHOME
With modern microcontroller modules, it has simply become possible to record measured values with sensors and to carry out actions with actuators.
This book uses numerous examples to show how this can be achieved. A wide range is covered, from simple measured value acquisition, automatic plant irrigation to a MQTT-supported SmartHome center.
The projects and the components used are explained in detail. A beginner can easily recreate the examples or, with a little programming knowledge, adapt to their own needs.
Advanced people can see the projects as a suggestion for their own further development.
In addition to a detailed source of supply at the end of the book, all programs described, as well as STL files for the production of housings on the 3D printer, can be downloaded.
- Use and programming of the ESP8266 and ESP32 microcontroller in the Arduino IDE
- Use of sensors for measuring environmental factors
- Use of actuators such as relays and servos
- Explanation of bus systems I2C and SPI
- Basic introduction to HTML and CSS
- Simple web server with microcontroller
- Explanation and application of MQTT
- Building your own MQTT broker
- Diverse background knowledge through detailed description of the components and programming bases
- Simple, easily understandable, illustrated explanations of the bus systems used
- Deepening of the theory through practical examples
- Practical projects such as recording environmental parameters, automatic plant irrigation and control of a valve with a servo serve as a template for your own ideas.
- SmartHome headquarters with touchscreen control can be used unchanged, but also as a basis for your own further developments.